Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Prayer for Families

"For centuries, kings and queens, presidents and senates, pastors and priests have attempted to address and resolve issues concerning families, because every wise leader knows that whatever happens in the family makes an impression on the world." - Think Orange

Families are crumbling to pieces all around us.  Marriage has become a contract to be mocked and thrown aside on a whim.  Children's hearts break daily because their homes are filled with hatred, anger, and neglect.  

So where does healing start?  Should we pass a bill in Congress?  What if we began a new program in the city?  Perhaps if we started a fun new program at church things would get better?  Maybe some of these would have some impact but ultimately healing and reconciliation in our families must start with us; it must start with us turning truthfully and honestly to God.  

For some of you reading this it may sound like a cliche.  "Turn to God."  You have heard that time and again about every issue on the planet.  Indeed we have.  The problem is we have heard it but we have not listened.  Throughout Scripture we see moments where prophets, leaders, and teachers tell God's people to turn from everything else and live fully for God.  Stop playing games, stop worshiping idols, and give your devotion to God.  

I pray that our families would do this, and I ask that you join me.  Begin praying for your family that you would turn completely to God.  

I pray especially for our men.  Men, it is time that we "MAN UP" and lead our families the way God intended.  It is time that Father's bring their children up "in the training and instruction of The Lord." Trust me when I say that is what our kids are craving.  If you think our children want gadgets and gizmos more than anything, you could not be further from the truth.  Our children want their Fathers and they want their Fathers to teach them about God.   I see the tears, I hear the prayers, and I listen to the cries that students have for their Fathers.  

So I pray for our families.   I pray that we would all take our families to the throne of our Heavenly Father.  And I ask that you join me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment