Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Is God Big Enough? - Part 2

Yesterday I asked the question "How Big is God?"  How you answer that affects how you think God can handle the situations you are going through.  If you believe God is tiny then you most likely feel that God cannot adequately help you through the difficult times in your life.  However, if you believe, as Scripture declares, that God is MIGHTY and AWESOME and POWERFUL then you trust in Him and believe that He can deliver you from anything.

The problem for most of us is that we are unwilling to ask Him for help.  Be it pride or stubbornness, or just plain fear; we often fail to go to God with our needs.  We fail to cry out to Him as He desires us to.

If you need help with this, just flip over to Psalm 69:13-15 and look at the beautiful and honest prayer from David as an example:

  • (13)  But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, at an acceptable time; O God, in the greatness      of Your lovingkindness, Answer me with Your saving truth.  (14) Deliver me from the mire and do not let me sink; May I be delivered from my foes and from the deep waters.  (15) May the flood of water not overflow me Nor the deep swallow me up, Nor the pit shut its mouth on me.
I hope that you will notice a couple of things here:
  1. David proclaimed the lovingkindness of God and His greatness.  Therefore, trust that when you pray that you are praying to the one true God who is loving and who is great.  Furthermore, acknowledge and proclaim His greatness.  Give Him thanks for how great He truly is.  Do not just focus on what He has done for you but just praise Him for who He is.
  2. Cry out for help. Be open, honest, and specific with God.  He is big enough to hear your emotions and He is big enough to handle your honesty.  And finally, He is big enough to help you.  So just go to Him. 
Just go to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment