Thursday, May 23, 2013

God Said . . .

Do you have a favorite book?  If I had to answer that question I suppose I would say "Alas Babylon": a 1950s story of survival following nuclear war in America.  Through God's blessings I have had the pleasure of reading many great books; some have kept me on edge, many have entertained me, a few have made me cry, a few have made me laugh, and many have informed me of great people, places and events.  But of the hundreds of books I have read none match the power of God's Word.  None have the ability to calm me, convict me, and change me like that of God's Holy Scripture.  

So today I just want to say how thankful I am that God has spoken to us.  Did you catch that?  GOD HAS SPOKEN TO US.  Just the thought of our eternal, omnipotent, and omniscient God speaking to us should send shock waves of awe throughout our being.  The fact that GOD SAID is powerful and life-changing for each of us.  

God's Holy Word is our bread and our breath.   We must eat it up and breathe it in.  

I still have so much to learn . .  . so much to understand . .  . so much to memorize . . . but still I am thankful today for God's Word.  May the prayer of the Psalmist in Psalm 119:18 asking God to "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law" be our prayer today.  May each of us approach God's Word with thankfulness and a prayer to see the wonderful things that await.  

*So, besides The Bible, what is your favorite book?  Feel free to share in comments.*

*Image from Google Image Search

No comments:

Post a Comment