Thursday, October 13, 2011

Be To Our God

Revelation 7:9 "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count .... standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb....and they cried out in a loud voice:  'Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.'"  Revelation 7:11-12 "...They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: 'Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"  

WHAT A SCENE! And to think that those who have given their life to Christ and have therefore become children of God will be joining in this eternal praise and worship.  WOW.  Indeed the Lamb, Jesus Christ, is worthy of our eternal praise.  We will join with the angels and all creation and sing Worthy is the Lamb; and we do not have to wait.  Eternity begins the day you accept Christ as your Savior, and you become a new creation.  Today is my 35th birthday, but my Eternal Birthday happened 16 years ago when I was 19.  Since then I have seen more and more how worthy Christ is of our praise.  My Eternity began that day.

Psalm 103 begins "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."  I will let you read the rest - and trust me it is worth taking the time to read it. 

Christ indeed is worthy of our praise.  Our praise through song on Sunday mornings for sure, but much more than that.  If all eternity sings praises to Him, let us begin praising Christ with "our inmost being".  Let our lives be lives of worship.  As my friend Brett constantly reminds me, our lives must be lives of worship and that we are to go to church worshiping....not to worship.  Does that mean you go through Wal-Mart singing?  Probably not, that might freak some people out, including me.  But it does mean that our lives look like Jesus Christ, and the joy of the Lord is seen all over us.  As C.S. Lewis said, Jesus came to give men life and spread it to others like a "good infection." 

Is Christ worthy?  You can count on it.  Psalm 103:22 "Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion.  Praise the Lord, O my soul." Let us begin now.

Here's a little Old School Worship Music to go with the Scripture:  Crystal Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment