Friday, June 24, 2011

Your Name

He knows my name.  Have you ever heard this said?  That God knows your name!  Maybe you've sung the song "He knows my name", maybe someone has given you encouragement by saying "God knows your name", or maybe this is the first time you have ever heard it.

Whether you've heard it before, read it before, sung it before, or this is your first time, I want to encourage us all to think on this statement and dwell in this statement.  GOD KNOWS MY NAME!  The Creator of the Universe knows my name.....WOW!!!

Isaiah 43:1 - "Fear not, I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine":  Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you":  John 10:3 - "The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice.  He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out." 

I came across a definition of the word name earlier today:  "someone or something regarded as existing".  Neat huh?  Your name proves you exist.  I know there have been times in my life where I asked "Do I even exist?", "Does anyone even know I'm here?".  Believe me when I say, God knows your name, He knows you exist, and He is here for you.  He created you, He knew you even before you were made, He will redeem you, and He calls you by name and leads you.

God knows who you are.  He knows how many hairs are on your head (or lack thereof in my case), he knows the desires of your heart, he knows the struggles you are dealing with today, and he knows the pain you are in today; He knows the joy some of you are experiencing, and He is the author of the Hope that we all can cling to; and He is there, calling you by name.  Run to His arms and let Him who knows you hold you, love you, and strengthen you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment